Do you want to root your Samsung J2 and also install TWRP Recovery? If you want to do it but you do not know how to do it, then you come to the right site. Here, we will inform you about it, so you have to make sure that you do not skip any part of this article.
Root is an access that you can get to change or edit system files easily. If you have this access, you are able to delete system apps and built-in apps, improve the performance of your device and you are able to customize the appearance to install custom ROM.
- You have to download Samsung USB Driver to your computer system.
- Download Odin software.
- You also have to download SuperSu and then you have to copy it to your phone memory.
- Download and save the TWRP file. Use only the .tar file.
How to Install TWRP Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200G)
- First, you have to activate OEM unlocking on the Developer Options menu. If you cannot find it, you are able to make it appear by going to Setting > About Phone > Build Number.
- Now, you have to get into the Download/ Fastboot Mode. To do this, you have to turn off your smartphone and then you have to press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When there is a warning, then you have to press the Volume Up button so you will get into the download mode.
- Here, you have to go back to PC/ laptop and then open Odin 3.
- Connect your smartphone to PC/ laptop by using USB cable and you have to make sure that your smartphone or your Samsung J2 is detected in Odin.
- You have to click on tab AP/PDA and then find TWRP file which you have downloaded and then click Open.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time which is checked on tab Options.
- Now, you have to click on Start and wait for the process to end and there will be PASS notification.
- If it is done, turn off your Samsung J2.
How to Root Samsung J2 (SM-J200G)
- The first thing that you have to do to root your Samsung J2 is to reboot to Recovery Mode/ TWRP by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Now, you have to choose Install.
- Here, you have to look for SuperSU Zip that you have moved to the internal memory and then you have to wait until the process is completed.
- Then, you have to reboot so automatically your Samsung J2 has been rooted.
- If you want to make sure whether it is successful or not in rooting your Samsung J2, you are able to download Root Checker application on Play Store.
So, as you are able to see that even though the steps are many but they are easy to follow. If you want to install TWRP and root your Samsung J2, you can do it now.