There are some people who think that rooting is not a good idea. However, some others think that it is good for their smartphone. So, whether it is good or not, it will depend on the needs of the users. If you want to root your J200G, you are able to do it via Odin. How to do that? We will explain it here.
Here, we will also install TWRP. Do you know what it is? It is a custom recovery which has additional features such as Flashing ROM, Nandroid Backup, and many more. With it, you are able to change the Custom ROM as you want.
If you want to install TWRP and root your device via Odin, you have to activate USB debugging and also OEM Unlock in the Developer Options. Here are the steps that you can follow to activate the Developer Options.
- Get into the Settings and choose About Device.
- Then, you have to click on Build Number about 7 times.
- There will appear a new menu named Developer Options.
- Now, you have to choose Developer Options and you have to set it on. Also, OEM unlock and USB debugging must be set on.
Prepare Them First
Here are the things that you have to prepare.
- PC or Laptop
- USB Cable
- Odin 3.09
- File TWRP J200G in 3.0.2 version and in img.tar format
- Update SuperSu
- Samsung USB Driver
Install TWRP Samsung J2 SM-J200G
How to install TWRP Samsung J2 SM-J200G? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, of course you have to install a Samsung USB driver.
- Then, you have to extract and open Odin.
- Switch off your Samsung J2 SM-J200G and then you have to get into Odin mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down + Home.
- Here, you have to connect your Samsung to your PC until it is detected.
- Now, you have to press the AP button in the Odin app, search and choose TWRP file which has been downloaded by you.
- In this step, do not give a check in the Auto Reboot in Odin app and then press Start.
- You have to wait the flashing process until it is done and then you will see PASS in green color. Now, you have to pull out the USB cable and also pull out the battery.
- If you want to make sure that TWRP has been installed successfully or not, you are able to get into TWRP by pressing Power + Volume Up and Home button.
Root Samsung J2 SM-J200G
Now, how to root Samsung J2 SM-J200G? You are able to follow the steps that we provide below.
- If the TWRP has been installed, now you are able to root your Samsung J2 SM-J200G by moving the Update SuperSU file in the SD card.
- Now, you have to turn off your Samsung J2 and then access TWRP.
- Here, you have to choose the Install menu and find the Update SuperSU file. To start the installation process, you have to swipe it.
- You have to wait until the process of installation is done and after that, you can reboot it.
- You are able to see in the drawer app that there is a new application named SuperSU and it means that you have been rooted your Samsung J2 SM-J200G successfully.