Do you want to install custom ROM on your Samsung J200G Lollipop to Marshmallow? If you want to do it, it means that you need to know the steps. Here, we will help you by providing the steps to install custom ROM Samsung J200G Lollipop to Marshmallow.
Here are the things that you need to prepare.
- The minimum of your android version before installation must be Android 5.1.1 or Lollipop.
- Your Samsung device must be J200G, J20GU, J200M or J200F.
- You need a Samsung USB driver for Windows.
- You need Odin.
- You need TWRP Custom Recovery Mode version.
- You need Samsung J2 Android 6 ROM (Marshmallow) + Standard Google Apps.
- After you update Samsung J2, you can choose to root your android through TWRP recovery mode: SuperSU v2.82.
- The first thing that you have to do is to backup your internal storage data and also external storage to other places. It is done to avoid a mistake when formatting.
- Then, you have to make sure that you have installed Samsung USB Driver so that your smartphone can be detected in your Windows OS and also you must have installed Odin software.
- Now, you have to prepare your USB data cable which has a good quality. If you have a good one, it will avoid the failure of the installment process. Then, you have to install TWRP with Odin.
- After you have installed TWRP on your Samsung J2 smartphone, you have to make sure discharging when you install it because it is important. When your smartphone is turned off, you have to press and hold together these buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power. You have to do this for some seconds until you see TWRP.
For the next steps, you are able to find it on the other sources.
However, you need to know about the disadvantages of custom ROM android. Here are some of the disadvantages that you will get if you do the custom ROM.
- There are ads written ‘MetroPCS T-Mobile” when you turn on your smartphone.
- When you turn on, turn off and restart your smartphone, there will be log process detail.
- When your smartphone is turned off, the logo of the charging battery will be a little bit different. However, when your smartphone turns on, it will look normal.
Well, that’s all the information that we are able to give to you about custom ROM Samsung J200G Lollipop and Marshmallow. If you need more information about it, you are able to find it on the other resources. Also, visiting some forums can be a good idea. There, you will be able to find a thread about it. Or, you are able to ask others there about it regarding the thing that you do not understand. So, thank you for reading this and you can read other articles on this site.